We are part of a network of Organisations and entities operating around the world whose mission is to promote and protect Industrial Property and Related Rights.
INPI is the entity responsible for granting exclusive rights on patents, trademarks and designs in Portugal. It also promotes such protection abroad, through participation in a set of international projects and partnerships of strategic interest.
At the moment, we are involved in several international initiatives of great interest to Portugal, in the scope of strengthening the Industrial Property System.
VIP4SME – Value Intellectual Property for SMEs
- Program: H2020-INNOSUP-2014-3 (horizon 2020)
- Start date: 15-12-2015
- Date of conclusion: 14-12-2019
- Global Project Budget: 2,998,892 €
- INPI Budget: 10.588 €
- Reimbursement Rate: 100%
- Site: www.innovaccess.eu/vip4sme-project
The aim of this project is to sustainably enhance Intellectual Property services for SMEs in order to allow them to understand the value of the intellectual capital they create and own and to define strategies and management practices to increase competitiveness.
- Improving knowledge and use of Intellectual Property by SMEs at European level
- Providing new value-added services and training geared to the needs of SMEs
- Better knowledge of the existing offer at the level of IP goods and services by the different Offices
- Development of IP services and training, aimed at business use at the level of Community rights
- Networking between Offices and stakeholders
- Maintenance of the website containing transnational IP information
- Increased supply of IP services provided by Offices to SMEs
Latin America IPR SME Helpdesk
- Program: COS-IPR-2014-2-05 (COSME-2014-2.3)
- Start date: 01-07-2015
- Date of conclusion: 30-06-2017
- Global Project Budget: 2,437,549 €
- INPI Budget: 71.712 €
- Reimbursement Rate: 90%
- Site: http://latinamerica-ipr-helpdesk.eu/
The project aims to support the internationalisation of European companies by providing specialised support to help them learn about the best ways to protect and secure their IPR in Latin America.
- Provide advice and support services to European SMEs facing or likely to face difficulties in defending and guaranteeing their Intellectual Property Rights in the Latin American region
- The project will develop specific actions with the objective of:
- Increasing opportunities for cooperation between European and Latin American SMEs
- Integrate the aspects of support for internationalisation, research and innovation already promoted by other initiatives
- Pay particular attention to the following Latin American countries: Brazil and Mexico.
Ibero-American Industrial Property Program
The Ibero-American Industrial Property Program (IBEPI) is an International cooperation Organisation in the field of Industrial Property established between countries of the Iberian Peninsula and Latin America.
The objective of this alliance is to promote the development and integration of the Iberian and Latin American countries through the strategic use of Industrial Property to increase the competitiveness of the countries involved in the project.
IBEPI is composed by the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic